LINGUASKILL – Speaking parte 2 (reading aloud)
Practise by reading these sentences aloud.
- Birthday cakes are served on a person’s birthday.
- The cake is decorated with the words «Happy Birthday» and the persons name.
- It is a tradition to put one candle for each year that the birthday person is celebrating.
- For example, if a child is turning 8 years old, the cake will have eight candles.
- After the candles are lit, family members and friends sing «Happy Birthday».
- The person celebrating their birthday makes a wish and blows out the candles.
- If they blow out all the candles in one breath, their wish will come true.
- Pin the Tail on the donkey is a popular birthday party game.
- Children like it because it is fun.
- Adults like it because it is inexpensive and it doesn’t make a mess.
- Here’s how to play the game: Hang a large paper drawing of a donkey on a wall or door.
- Blindfold the children one at a time and give them a tail to pin on the donkey.
- The child that gets the tail closest to the correct spot on the donkey wins the game.
- To make the game harder for older children, you can spin them around after you blindfold them.
- This fun birthday game can be purchased at any party supply store.